Welcome to STAN!
STAN, the leading Eclipse-based structure analysis tool for Java, brings together development and quality assurance in a natural way.
STAN encourages developers and project managers in visualizing their design, understanding code, measuring quality and reporting design flaws.
STAN supports a set of carefully selected metrics, suitable to cover the most important aspects of structural quality. Special focus has been set on visual dependency analysis, a key to structure analysis.
STAN seamlessly integrates into the development process. That way, developers take care about design quality right from the start. Project managers use STAN as a monitoring and reporting tool.
Utilizing STAN has several clear benefits:
- Structure analysis helps in understanding code as well as keeping code understandable.
- Dependency analysis provides sophisticated design diagrams.
- Design flaws will be detected early, where it’s still easy to fix them.
- Expressive metrics are supported to ensure compliance with design principles.
- Highly customizable metric ratings allow the creation of individual quality profiles.
- Ranking metric violations helps to focus on most relevant issues.
- Reports provide all the essential information at a quick glance.
- Seamless Eclipse integration makes structure analysis available where needed mostly.
STAN is available in two variants:
- as a standalone application for Windows and Mac OS,
- as an extension to the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
The standalone application is targeted to architects and project managers who are typically not using the IDE.
The Eclipse extension integrates STAN into the IDE and allows the developer to quickly explore the structure for any bunch of code she desires.